If your LG soundbar is stucking and not working smoothly, Or you’ve lost the backup system, then your soundbar needs an “Update.” Upgrading the features in the system of your device can provide you with more elevated sound quality. Now the question arises, How to update the LG soundbar? Stay with us for illustrative information about this operation!
LG soundbars can be updated by USB stick or Firmware. To check any updation, Navigate over the “Home,” then “Other Tabs,” now select “Software/Firmware,” and Click the “Update Button.”
However, If your Wi-Fi isn’t connected to the soundbar, then upgrade the Firmware manually.
For further explanation, Take a look below!
Upgrading your LG soundbar with the USB stick is the simplest method because there’s no need for in-depth strategies; all you have to do is follow the given easy-to-proceed steps.
- Click over the Software/Firmware section and paste your Soundbar Model here.
- Now you’ve to install the ZIP file having the latest update and unzip it into a USB flash drive, formatted with the FAT32 system.
- Make a duplicate of the ROM update file to the USB stick by simply copying it and then paste it into the USB port of the soundbar.
- Turn on the device and Stat at Menu until the update sms is popped up.
- Remember that Wait to unplug the USB stick till the end; now press the Play Button.
- As soon as the update is complete, the Soundbar will restart.
And Wala! Enjoy the new features and smooth running of the LG soundbar.
You can simply update your LG soundbar by modifying the firmware you’re using. Basically,
To fix the viruses and for the efficient working of the device, The firmware comes through with some updates which can be easily installed if you have an excellent internet connection.
But in case there’s no Wi-Fi in your Home Theater, then you can pay attention to the following steps.
Before talking about it, Make sure you’ve,
- A writable/rewritable CD or DVD, and you can also use a USB flash drive but make sure its capacity is enough for the desiring updating Firmware.
- If you’re using a CD method, then a CD/DVD burner.
Now let’s get straight into it!
- First of All, get the product support of LG and write your soundbar’s model here.
- Install the suitable and newest firmware file by clicking the “Software Update.”
- And download the firmware file from here.
- Go into a folder of the “Downloads” of your PC.
- “Extract All” the data of the file by right-clicking over it.
- Now open the “USB drive” to get the file into the USB.
- First of all, Turn on the Soundbar and TV and stay calm until the Home screen appears.
- Insert the USB into the device, and the Update panel will open, press OK to start downloading into the home theater.
- Do not Unplug or Power off the system during installation.
- As soon as the system got automatically turned off, mark that the soundbar has successfully updated through the modification of Firmware!
Note: If you’re searching for the update through the CD/DVD method, then take a look over the Guide book of LG from the link we’ve inserted here because this method is a little complicated, but you’ll get customer support and easy-to-understand instructions here.
It is very simple and important to know about amending content into the software of your device, and that’s why there’ll be a shoot-up notification.
But if you’ve missed that message, Then don’t worry! We’re here to tell you the most comfortable steps to check and update the LG soundbar through the remote.
- Go to the Home/Smart button on your remote, And you’ll see a notification exactly at the bottom right of the Display.
- Now simply click over “Settings” and go to “Others”, then press “Software,” as shown in the picture.
- After navigating over the software, Click the “Update” option, and the software will start to search for the Firmware update.
- At this moment, If there’s an Update, then you’ve to proceed further and press OK.
- Do not unplug the cords of the system, and at last, the installation bar will appear to you.
- Lastly, the home theater will shut down automatically, which indicates that the system is upgraded.
And Lo! Enjoy the new version and features of the Soundbar.
Can we use LG soundbar App for updation?
Yes! You can absolutely use the LG soundbar Application or the Google Home App for controlling and updating the LG soundbar and other home devices like the remote. We’ve inserted the link here so that you can explore and update new features.
Our Finale Thoughts:
Covering up the whole discussion, The LG soundbar can be updated by the USB stick and by upgrading the firmware. The LG app and Google Home are also able to check and update the system excellently.
So, What are you waiting for? Go and read the article thoroughly where we’ve given step-by-step information for the ease of our users in a well-mannered way!