Controlling the Soundbar and the device to whom it has connected with only one remote is the desire of so many users. Because it’ll keep you away from getting outraged from dealing with different remotes. So, if you want to control your Soundbar with LG TV Remote, then Cheer Up! As we’re going to share the easiest steps for connecting your Soundbar with the LG TV Remote.
To control the Sound bar with the LG TV Remote, you guys have to connect the Sound bar to the TV first. This connection can be HDMI-ARC, Wireless, or Optical. Then Go to “All Settings,” “Sound,” “Sound Out,” and then add your Sound bar here.
For the whole process, Stick with us till the end!
Easy Steps Of Connecting The Soundbar With The LG TV Remote – Detailed Beginner Guide!
Controlling Soundbar With LG TV Remote Via HDMI–ARC Connection:
HDMI– ARC connection is the most appreciable and acceptable connection for the soundbars, and lots of devices support this connection. That’s why I’m going to discuss this one first. The steps are so simple; just read them carefully.
- Connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC port on your LG TV to the HDMI ARC port on your Soundbar.
- Turn On your TV and Soundbar and make sure they’re both set to the correct input.
- Now, Press the “Home” button on your LG TV remote.
- Select “Settings” and then navigate over the “All Settings.”
- The most important step is to, Scroll down and select “Sound” and then “Sound Out.”
- Click over the “HDMI ARC” as the audio output.
And Here You Go!
Once you’ve selected HDMI ARC as the audio output, you should be able to control your Soundbar’s volume using your LG TV remote.
Watch This YouTube video also for further details and procedures.
Give Commands To Your Soundbar Via LG TV Remote By Generating Wireless Connection:
Moving forward and looking at other options the user can go for. Pairing your devices wirelessly is also a great option and is very easy to apply.
In this procedure, basically, you turn to have to turn On the bluetooth for a successful wireless connection. Let me enlighten this point.
- First of all, you guys have to make sure that your LG TV and soundbar support LG Sound Sync via Bluetooth. Refer to your user manuals to confirm this.
- Turn on both your LG TV and soundbar, and make sure they’re paired via Bluetooth.
- Now, On your LG TV remote, Hold and Press the “Home” button.
- Simply Navigate to “Settings” and select “All Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Sound” and select “Sound Out” like before.
- Here comes the different part; Choose “LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth” as the audio output.
- Once you’ve selected LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth as the audio output, you should be able to control your soundbar’s volume using your LG TV remote.
Voila! How simple and easy it was. Isn’t it great that Half of the steps are the same as the HDMI connection ones.
All you’ve to do is click over the right option of which the connection is going to build.
Connecting The Soundbar And LG TV With Optical Cables And Explaining To Control It From The TV’s Remote:
Optical Connection means connecting the Soundbar and the LG TV via Digital audio signals that can be performed by fiber optics. The procedure is almost the same. All you’ve to do is click the right option at a specific step. Take a look below!
- Firstly, Connect your soundbar to your LG TV using an optical cable. Ensure the cable is securely plugged into both devices and let them Turn On.
- On your LG TV remote, press the “Home” button.
- Move towards the “All Settings.”
- Now, Scroll down to “Sound” and move further in. Press the “Sound Out” from here.
- The most important step is, Choose “Optical” as the audio output.
And That’s All! Allow the system to work now, and after a few seconds, test by giving commands from your TV’s remote to the soundbar. It’ll definitely work if connected with Opticals.
3 Things To Consider While Controlling Soundbar From LG TV Remote– Check Them Out!
Before putting forward the names of these brands, I would like to clarify some things,
- The procedure for almost all the soundbars to get controlled by the LG TV Remote is the same. Just go to Sound Out from settings and click the specific option according to your soundbar.
- Also, get the manual of your specific soundbar and make settings according to it with the LG TV remote.
- Must Check the types of connections your soundbar uses to do, like whether your brand support HDMI–ARC, HDMI–EAC, Optical, or Wireless.
So, these are some points to keep in mind before letting your soundbar in command of the LG TV Remote. Now, let’s move on to the soundbar companies that will take orders from the lg tv remote.
Soundbar Brands That Can Be Controlled By The LG TV Remote – Top 4 Brands You Must Be Aware Of!
- LG Soundbars – As everybody knows, Having two devices of the same brand will make it much easier to control them from one remote only. Also, LG Magic Remote can control almost all LG devices easily.
- Samsung Soundbars – Samsung soundbars can be connected to an LG TV through HDMI-CEC or Bluetooth and can be controlled with the LG TV remote.
- Sony Soundbars – Another great name, Sony soundbars also have the capability to get connected and eventually controlled with the LG TV remote.
- Vizio Soundbars – Last but not least, Vizio soundbars can also be connected to an LG TV through HDMI-CEC or Wireless connection and can be controlled with the LG TV remote.
So, there were the top notched brands of which the soundbars are famous in the whole world. And they are also able to control their devices via LG TV Remote.
All you need to do is to select the specific connection strategy and follow the steps we’ve mentioned above.
Also, check out this forum-based website on which the audience is sharing their experiences with LG tv remotes and Sound bars.
Can We Control Soundbars With Alexa?
Yes, We Can! Giving commands to your soundbar by Alexa is pretty cool. However, it may require additional hardware, like a hub or bridge, due to its built-in features. Make sure to check compatibility before purchasing a soundbar with Alexa support.
Can We Control The Soundbar Using Samsung TV remote?
Yes! You can control some of the features of your soundbar with Samsun TV remotes because they’ve specified it for their TV only. You can only turn up or slow down the volume, Or turn the soundbar ON/Off only.
To control the soundbar using Samsung TV remote, All you need to do is to go to Home> Settings> All Settings> Sound> Sound Out> Selecting Your Soundbar> Press OK. And that’s all.
Summarizing The Topic:
Giving orders to your soundbar from the LG TV Remote is so basic, but you’ve to do some settings of your device.
First of all, check which connection do TV and the soundbar support. Connect them perfectly.
Then Go to “Settings, All Settings, Sound, Sound Out” and then add your device name here.
For further step-by-step guidelines, make sure you’ve read the article carefully.
Plus, make sure the HDMI-ARC or the Opticals are firmly attached if making this connection. However, in wireless pairing, make sure there’s no extra device that enables Bluetooth. You can also check whether your device is compatible with LG TV Remote or not by just reading the list we’ve mentioned here in this article.
And finally, Feel totally free to click the links we’ve inserted here in this article. Enjoy Controlling Your Soundbar with LG TV Remote!